#1 02.10.2017 13:16:06

WorksAsIntended
Mitglied

Lenovo T470s Ultra Dock -- what is the current state?

Hey there,

I do own a nice new t470s bought by my employer. As I dont do any HPC locally and got most of my data in a storage server anyway I was thinking about replacing my desktop by an Ultra Dock (not the usb3/thunderbolt but the classic one).
Therefore I would need to power two different monitors, one UHD, one FHD upright.
Is this possible with the Ultra Dock running a current Arch?

The wiki states:

"We have tested with the Thinkpad Ultra Dock and are able to utilize multiple HiDPI monitors via individual connections (e.g. no display port chaining). "
( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Le … kPad_T470s )
while ThinkWiki states

"Linux does not yet offer explicit support for the DisplayPort MST hub built into this dock, so multi-screen support is not fully functional under Linux. A single screen works fine and is fully controllable, but multiple screens are handled by a some unconfigurable fallback mode, and appear a single display; they cannot be individually configured in terms of resolution, relative position etc."
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Ultra_Dock )

I think the information at thinkwiki may be outdated heavily. I wonder what archwiki means by "utilze". It wont help me if both displays show the same content and I also dont want to connect to any of the T470s ports.
So my question is, can I use two different monitors connected to the Ultra Dock without them showing the same output?
Does anyone have experience?
I dont want to buy one and pay for it if it is useless to me.

Thank you in advance!

#2 02.10.2017 13:23:23

WorksAsIntended
Mitglied

Re: Lenovo T470s Ultra Dock -- what is the current state?

Also the question if usb and gbit lan work.
I dont care about the sound as I will use my Objectiv2 anyway (connected on usb).

#3 02.10.2017 17:45:08

stefanhusmann

Würde es dir etwas ausmachen, hier auf Deutsch zu schreiben?

#4 02.10.2017 20:34:38

WorksAsIntended
Mitglied

Äh, eigentlich nicht. Ich dachte ich hätte mich im internationalen Forum angemeldet. Hab nicht richtig auf die Adresszeile geschaut und bei beiden den gleichen Account. Tut mir leid.

Um die Frage kurz auf Deutsch zusammenzufassen:
Weiß jemand ob das Lenovo Ultra Dock zusammen mit einem T470s (i7 siebter Generation) funktioniert. Insbesondere der Gbit-Anschluss und zwei digitale Monitorausgänge gleichzeitig, beide jedoch mit eigenständigem Bild.
Die von mir im Eröffnungsbeitrag zitierte Quelle der arch wiki legt das mit ein wenig Interpretation nahe während ThinkWiki meint das ginge nicht, die dort genannten Kernel sind aber auch uralt.

Hat jemand Informationen dazu?

Beitrag geändert von WorksAsIntended (02.10.2017 20:38:02)

Schnellantwort auf dieses Thema

Schreibe deinen Beitrag und versende ihn
Deine Antwort

Fußzeile des Forums